So what is the Tibetan Jewish Youth Exchange?
It's mission is to enhance the cultural identity of both Jewish and Tibetan youth through the use of informal education.
Its aims (over the next 5 years) are:
- To organise activities, including social action events, for young people to discuss their values and to draw on common themes of heritage.
- To explore and share leadership techniques.
- To help Longsho (the Tibetan youth movement) achieve self-sustainability.
- To fundraise for Longsho and exchange programmes.
- To continue to support youth movements across the Tibetan community through both human and financial resources.
- To affiliate TJYE with other organisations which encourage interfait dialogue.
- To foster links with the Tibetan community in Britain.
- To become more established within Jewish Youth Movements and the Jewish community.