The Tibetan Jewish Youth Exchange (TJYE) was established to enhance the cultural identity of both Jewish & Tibetan youth through informal education & to forge links between the Jewish & Tibetan diaspora communities. We actively help these communities' youth movements to empower young people, that they can become leaders & make a difference. This blog will record the continuing work of the project's volunteers, including Jewish volunteers in India & Tibetan leaders on exchange in the UK.

Wednesday, June 16, 2004

The good news is we just finished the second day of seminar - covering the quite substantial rootkeeper method of analysing organisations and looking at the future of Longsho's steering group - and both today and yesterday ended in quite involved discussions in Tibetan, something I could leave the participants to get on with, knowing they're dealing with the issues and addressing questions that are facing Longsho.

The bad news is I got some feedback passed on via Phantok, that so far the sessions have been really useful in terms of content but that presentation has been quite dry. OK, it's not really bad news as such: of course I'm glad the participants mentioned it to Phantok and he mentioned it to me, because now I know and it gives me the opportunity to put things right. At the same time, it's natural that I'm a bit disheartened and wondering how I can improve. I think the subject matter itself has been dry (but important), but that is not a valid excuse. It is up to me to inject a bit of life into the sessions and to set the tone for everybody else. Phantok suggested getting a bit more animated. Tomorrow is more games based, and as good a time to start as any.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home